The National Organisation for Practice Teaching has a membership of individuals committed, on a voluntary basis, to the promotion of good performance standards of practice teaching within an anti-oppressive practice framework.
The aims are framed within the context of anti-oppressive and anti-discriminatory social work practice.
- To promote anti-oppressive and anti-discriminatory practice throughout all aspects of its operation.
- To promote good standards and adequate resources for practice teaching in social work and social services education and training.
- To identify and develop the components of practice teaching.
- To increase knowledge, skills and awareness of values relating to practice teaching.
- To collect, collate and disseminate information about practice teaching.
- To provide an information and advice service, particularly to statutory agencies and the independent sector in relation to the provision and co-ordination of good quality learning opportunities.
- To collaborate with such other bodies as are working for the advancement of practice teaching as above.
- To raise funds and to invite and receive contributions from any person or persons whatsoever by way of subscriptions, donations and otherwise provided that the organisation does not undertake any permanent trading activities in raising funds.
- To do all such other lawful things as are necessary for the attainment of the objectives.