BASW (June 2017) are currently undertaking a survey on Practice Educator Professional standards (PEPS) that everyone is welcome to fill in. You can access this survey directly on the BASW website or via the following web link
The link is https://www.surveymonkey.co.
NOPT - OUR AIMS
- The aims are framed within the context of anti-oppressive and anti-discriminatory social work practice.
NOPT – OUR OBJECTIVES
- To promote anti-oppressive and anti-discriminatory practice throughout all aspects of its operation.
- To promote good standards and adequate resources for practice teaching in social work and social services education and training.
- To identify and develop the components of practice teaching.
- To increase knowledge, skills and awareness of values relating to practice teaching.
- To collect, collate and disseminate information about practice teaching.
- To provide an information and advice service, particularly to statutory agencies and the independent sector in relation to the provision and co-ordination of good quality learning opportunities.
- To collaborate with such other bodies as are working for the advancement of practice teaching as above.
- To raise funds and to invite and receive contributions from any person or persons whatsoever by way of subscriptions, donations and otherwise provided that the organisation does not undertake any permanent trading activities in raising funds.
- To do all such other lawful things as are necessary for the attainment of the objectives.
The 2017 NOPT Conference will be held at the
University of Huddersfield on Tuesday 4th July
University of Huddersfield
Harold Wilson Building
Queensgate, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD1 3DH
Siobhan McLean. Author, Independent Trainer, Consultant and Practice Educator: “The Learning Journey”
Mark Baldwin, SWAN: “Social Work Practice & Social Work Education: crisis, what crisis?”
There will also be the opportunity to attend 2 workshops during the course of the day
Workshops will include:
. Direct work with students
· Anti-racist practice in workplace education
· Review of the PCF
· Review of PEPS
· The PE toolkit
· Relationship based practice
· Developing student recording skills in electronic systems
· How social work students develop professional judgement skills whilst in placement.
Further workshops to be confirmed
Stands: Kirwin MacLean, Critical Publishing, Sage and a range of other stands will be available on the day.
Registration: 9.30am to 10am
Day Delegate Fee: £75.00 (including lunch and refreshments).
To book for the 2017 NOPT Conference, please follow the link below:
We look forward to seeing you on the 4th July